Here are some of the benefits of growing comfrey:
- A dynamic accumulator, meaning with its long taproots it will harvest all the macro and micro nutrients from the depth of the soil for your trees and other plants
- A great fertilizer. Just cut leaves and spread around your garden.
- Comfrey is one of the most nutrient soil covers you can have.
- More potassium than manure.
- Does not deplete nitrogen in the soil, and actually enriches the soil with trace elements.
- Activates and enriches compost, boosts flower/fruit production in the garden.
- Blooms into beautiful central cluster of purple flowers.
- Brings all the beneficial insects and pollinators to your garden.
- Reduce pest pressure by creating a biodiversity in your garden
- Increases your fruit and vegetable production.
- An fantastic soil conditioner that keeps a high level of soil biodiversity and fertility.
- A great source of food for your soil’s earth worms
- Can be mixed in as fodder, making in a highly nutrient source for your livestock especially chickens.
- Can be used to make highly nutrient compost tea.